Corona Restriction: Markets timing till 6 pm,schools will remain closed in Sindh
In a media briefing on Sunday, CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah said that the infection rate in Karachi has climbed above 13% during Eid holidays. “On the first day of Shawal, 831 coronavirus cases were reported.”
The chief minister said that markets, malls, and shops in the province will now be allowed to stay open from 6am to 6pm.Educational institutions across Sindh, from nursery to universities, will remain closed until the coronavirus situation in the province improves.
On Friday, over 2,000 cases were reported in Sindh. This a 30% increase in the number of cases. Shah said that the reason behind this is the violation of SOPs during the holidays.
Beds at major hospitals in the province such as the Aga Khan Hospital, Indus Hospital, and Sindh Infectious Disease Hospital are reaching their capacity.
“At this point in time we can’t afford any relaxations,” he pointed out. “This is the time of caution and we will take difficult decisions if we have to.”
Restrictions are as follows:
- All recreational places, including Sea View and Hawke’s Bay beaches, amusement parks will remain closed. However, park tracks will be open for walking/jogging purposes
- Intercity transport will operate at 50% capacity. In case of a violation, transporters will be heavily fined
- Education Ministry will take necessary measures to vaccinate all teachers
- Pharmacies allowed to stay open 24/7 except the ones inside malls
- Outdoor dining, gatherings, weddings banned
- Takeaway and delivery allowed
- Shopkeepers to be fined on SOP violations
Concluding the meeting, CM Shah promised that once the cases go down, life in the province will go back to normal, but for now, it’s extremely important to adhere to the precautionary measures.
“This is the only way to defeat the virus,” he added.