News – NBTV https://newsbreaktv.com News & Digital Marketing Thu, 19 Feb 2026 11:25:07 +0000 en-CA hourly 1 https://newsbreaktv.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/cropped-newsbreak1-32x32.png News – NBTV https://newsbreaktv.com 32 32 Bloodbath at stock market as KSE-100 crashes nearly 6,000 points in single day https://newsbreaktv.com/bloodbath-at-stock-market/ Thu, 19 Feb 2026 11:25:04 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10962

KARACHI – The Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) on Thursday witnessed bloodbath during intraday trading, dropping nearly 6,000 points in single day, due to selling pressure.

As of 1:15 pm, the KSE-100 nosedived 5,950.83 points to reach 172,902.26 points, a negative change of 3.33 percent, compared to previous close of 178,853.09 points.

Experts have cautioned that volatility in the stock market is expected to persist, with heightened uncertainty surrounding the upcoming review mission by the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Market analysts suggest that investor sentiment remains fragile as concerns about the IMF’s assessment of Pakistan’s economic performance continue to mount.

The IMF mission, scheduled for later this month, will evaluate the progress of Pakistan’s $7 billion Extended Fund Facility (EFF) and may influence market conditions depending on the outcome of discussions.

Traders are closely monitoring developments related to the review, with many fearing potential challenges in meeting the IMF’s requirements.

]]>
“Board of Peace”: PM Shehbaz lands in Washington seeking clarity on Gaza peace force https://newsbreaktv.com/shehbaz-lands-in-washington/ Wed, 18 Feb 2026 23:33:24 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10957

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif arrived in the United States early Thursday to attend a key meeting of the President Donald Trump-initiated ‘Board of Peace’ on Gaza, as Pakistan seeks clarity over the proposed International Stabilisation Force (ISF) for the war-torn enclave.

He will participate in the February 19 meeting in Washington, where delegations from at least 20 countries are expected to attend. Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar will also be present.

PM Shehbaz is scheduled to remain in the US until February 20, and meetings with American leadership are expected during his stay.

Ahead of the gathering, three sources told Reuters that Pakistan wants firm assurances from Washington before committing any troops to Gaza as part of the proposed ISF. 

Islamabad is seeking guarantees that the deployment would strictly be a peacekeeping mission and not involve disarming Hamas.

President Trump, who will chair the meeting, is expected to unveil a multi-billion-dollar reconstruction plan for Gaza and outline proposals for a UN-authorised stabilisation force for the Palestinian territory.

Three government sources said during the Washington visit, PM Shehbaz wanted to better understand the goal of the ISF, what authority they were operating under and what the chain of command was before deciding on deploying troops.

“We are ready to send troops. Let me make it clear that our troops could only be part of a peace mission in Gaza,” said one of the sources, a close aide of PM Shehbaz.

“We will not be part of any other role, such as disarming Hamas. It is out of the question,” he said.

Last month, Foreign Office Spokesperson Tahir Andrabi said that Pakistan would continue to engage with international efforts aimed at peace and security in Gaza.

“Pakistan will remain engaged with international efforts for peace and security in Gaza, leading to a lasting solution to the Palestine issue in accordance with United Nations resolutions,” he said.

Pakistan has reiterated at international forums its readiness to play a “constructive role” in the US peace plan for Palestine.

Trump launched his new board at the World Economic Forum in Davos in late January, with world leaders, including PM Shehbaz, signing on to pursue a lasting agreement for Gaza.

]]>
11 security personnel martyred in terrorist attack on checkpost in Bajaur: ISPR https://newsbreaktv.com/security-personnel-martyred-ispr/ Tue, 17 Feb 2026 11:55:48 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10943

A terrorist attack, involving an explosive-laden vehicle, on a checkpost in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Bajaur district martyred 11 security personnel, Twelve Khwarij belonging to Indian Proxy Fitna-al-Khwarij were killed,the military’s media wing said on Tuesday.

According to ISPR, a cowardly terrorist attack was attempted by Khwarij belonging to Indian Proxy, Fitna-al-Khwarij on a joint check post of the security forces and law enforcement agencies in Bajaur District.

The assailants sought to breach the check post security. However, their nefarious designs were swiftly and decisively foiled by the vigilant and resolute response of Pakistan’s security forces.

Displaying unwavering courage and professional excellence, our valiant troops engaged the fleeing Khwarij with precision, eliminating twelve Khwarij.

In their desperation, the attackers rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into the perimeter wall.

Due to blast impact, infrastructure at check post collapsed, resultantly eleven brave sons of soil, rendered the ultimate sacrifice and embraced Shahadat.

Tragically, civilian residential buildings in close proximity also suffered severe destruction as a result of explosion, leading to the martyrdom of one innocent young girl and injuries to seven others including women and children.

Sanitization operations are being conducted to eliminate any other Indian-sponsored Kharji found in the area.

The relentless counter-terrorism campaign under vision “Azm-e Istehkam” as approved by Federal Apex Committee on National Action Plan, by security forces and law enforcement agencies of Pakistan will continue at full pace to wipe out menace of foreign-sponsored and supported terrorism from the country.

The sacrifices of our brave soldiers and innocent civilians further reinforce our unwavering commitment to safeguarding our nation at all costs.

 

]]>
Govt hikes diesel prices by Rs 7.32 per litre, petrol by Rs 5 https://newsbreaktv.com/govt-hikes-m-petrol-rs-5/ Mon, 16 Feb 2026 06:20:49 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10939

Petroleum prices are increased upto Rs 7.32 per litre from today (February 16) for the next fortnight, due to heightened geopolitical tensions in the Middle East, especially between Iran and the United States.

According to Petroleum Division, price of petrol (Mogas) is increased by Rs 5.00 per litre, taking it from Rs253.17 to Rs258.17. High-Speed Diesel (HSD) was increased by Rs 7.32 per litre, pushing its price from Rs268.38 to Rs275.70 per litre.

International petroleum product prices have experienced sharp fluctuations in the last couple of weeks amid escalating tensions involving Iran and strategically important Strait of Hormuz.

Till last review of petroleum prices on Feb 1, 2026, the government charges petroleum levy (PL) of Rs84.25 per litre on petrol and High Octane Blending Component (HOBC), while PL on HSD fixed at Rs76.21 per litre. Kerosene oil and LDO carry lower PL rates of Rs20.36 and Rs15.84 per litre, respectively.

The final decision on the revised prices was taken by government after reviewing the recommendations sent by the Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra).

]]>
PM Shehbaz takes notice of new Nepra rules for solar consumers, directs Power Division to file review appeal https://newsbreaktv.com/pm-shehbaz-solar-consumers/ Fri, 13 Feb 2026 07:44:32 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10929

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday took notice of recent changes by the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) affecting solar consumers and directed the Power Division to file a review appeal.

The power regulator on Monday changed contract terms for all existing and future net-metered solar consumers — known as prosumers — saying the move was needed to manage rising solar energy penetration and to protect an expensive, inefficient state-owned power network.

The notification effectively ended the existing net-metering regime and replaced it with net-billing for all.

A statement from the PM Office said the premier had taken ‘immediate notice’ of the matter.

The development followed outcry from senators across the political spectrum, including the ruling ally PPP and the opposition PTI, against NEPRA’s decision.

The prime minister gave these directives while presiding over a high-level meeting on the new NEPRA regulations. The meeting was attended by Deputy PM Ishaq Dar, Power Minister Awais Leghari, Economic Affairs Minister Ahad Cheema, Information Minister Attaullah Tarar, Minister of State for Finance Bilal Azhar Kiyani and the PM’s adviser Muhammad Ali.

Speaking in the Senate on Tuesday, Leghari defended NEPRA’s move, saying it was intended to reduce the burden on consumers. ‘Changing regulations according to the law and the Constitution is a regulator’s job,’ he said, adding he would not step back. ‘This is not policy; there should be clarity on that,’ he added.

Stakeholders and policy experts warned that the proposed Prosumer Regulations 2025 risked dismantling a decade of citizen-led energy progress.

Stakeholders and policy experts had warned that the proposed Prosumer Regulations 2025 risked dismantling a decade of citizen-led energy progress.

Under the new regulations, the existing registered prosumers will be shifted immediately to net-billing instead of net-metering, and their export units will be credited for one month only instead of the current three months.

All other existing terms will remain unchanged until the expiry of their seven-year contracts.

]]>
Sardar Akhtar Mengal’s National Assembly resignation accepted. https://newsbreaktv.com/akhtar-mengals-na-resignation/ Wed, 11 Feb 2026 08:30:39 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10925

Sardar Akhtar Mengal’s resignation from the National Assembly was accepted.

According to sources, the Speaker of the National Assembly has accepted the resignation of BNP chief Akhtar Mengal.

Sardar Akhtar Mengal was a member of the National Assembly from NA-256 Khuzdar.

It should be remembered that Akhtar Mengal resigned from the membership of the National Assembly on September 3, 2024 .

Akhtar Mengal’s resignation has been accepted after almost 17 months

]]>
At least 31 killed, dozens wounded in suicide blast at Islamabad mosque https://newsbreaktv.com/suicide-blast-islamabad-mosque/ Sat, 07 Feb 2026 05:22:39 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10923

A suicide bombing attack at a Imam Bargah in Islamabad has killed at least 31 people and wounded dozens more, in one of the worst such incidents to hit Pakistan’s capital.

The powerful explosion occurred at Khadija Tul Kubra mosque, in southeastern Islamabad’s Tarlai Kalan area, during Friday prayers.

Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said the mosque’s security guards tried to intercept the suspect, who opened fire at them before detonating his explosives among the worshippers.

Asif alleged the attacker had been travelling to and from Afghanistan.

In a statement, the Islamabad administration said 169 people were transferred to hospital after rescue teams reached the site of the explosion.

On Friday evening, the ISIL (ISIS) group claimed responsibility for the attack on its Telegram channel, releasing an image that it said showed the attacker holding a gun, with his face covered and eyes blurred, the Reuters news agency reported.

An affiliate of ISIL has been blamed for previous attacks targeting Pakistan’s Shia minority.

Footage shared on social media and verified by Al Jazeera showed bloodied bodies lying on the floor of the mosque, surrounded by broken glass and debris.

Islamabad resident Aun Shah said his father was “badly” injured in the attack. “He has a hole in his stomach,” he said.

Deputy Prime Minister Ishaq Dar condemned the incident as a “cowardly suicide attack on innocent worshippers”.

“Targeting places of worship and civilians is a heinous crime against humanity and a blatant violation of Islamic principles. Pakistan stands united against terrorism in all its forms,” he posted on X.

At the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences hospital, AFP news agency journalists saw several adults and children being carried in on stretchers or by their arms and legs.

Medics and bystanders helped unload victims with blood-soaked clothes from the back of ambulances and vehicles. At least one casualty arrived in the boot of a car, while friends and relatives of the wounded screamed as they arrived at the hospital’s heavily guarded emergency ward, the news agency reported.

]]>
Islamabad court extends interim bail of Imran Khan, Bushra Bibi https://newsbreaktv.com/court-bail-imran-khan-bushra-bibi/ Fri, 06 Feb 2026 08:14:47 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10915

On Friday, the District and Sessions Court in the federal capital extended the interim bail of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi until February 17 in multiple cases, including those arising from the May 9 events.

The hearing was presided over by Additional Sessions Judge Muhammad Afzal Majoka.

Because Imran Khan was absent, counsel were unable to present arguments on the bail applications. The court has ordered that he be produced via video link at the next hearing.

]]>
K-Electric CEO Moonis Alvi abruptly resigns https://newsbreaktv.com/k-electric-ceo-resigns/ Fri, 06 Feb 2026 07:47:19 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10909

K-Electric Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Moonis Alvi has resigned from his position, following which the Chairman of the K-Electric Board of Directors has accepted Moonis Alvi’s resignation.

According to sources, K-Electric CEO Moonis Alvi resigned from his position on Thursday, after which he sent his resignation to the company’s board of directors.

Sources say that after the final approval of the K-Electric board, the Pakistan Stock Exchange will be officially informed in this regard. Moonis Alvi served K-Electric for 18 years and was the longest-serving CEO of K-Electric.

On the other hand, Mark Skelton, Chairman of the K-Electric Board of Directors, has accepted the resignation of CO Monis Alvi.

According to sources, three names have been shortlisted for the new CO of K Electric. All three shortlisted individuals are from Karachi and have extensive experience in the energy and finance sectors.

According to sources, a meeting of the Board of Directors of K-Electric is expected next week, while the elections for the Board of Directors will be held in Ramadan, however, the new board will appoint a new Chief Executive Officer.

The current board will present its report to the new board after interviews with the shortlisted candidates. The total number of K-Electric board members is 13, but three seats have been vacant for a long time, while the number of board members has been reduced to 9 after the resignation of Moonis Alvi.

Sources say that there is an atmosphere of anxiety at K-Electric’s head office following the CEO’s resignation and senior officers are concerned about the future.

]]>
Balochistan attacks: 108 terrorists killed, 10 officials martyred https://newsbreaktv.com/balochistan-attacks-108-terrorists/ Sat, 31 Jan 2026 17:26:46 +0000 https://newsbreaktv.com/?p=10902

Pakistan’s security forces have stepped up operations against Fitna-ul-Hindustan, killing dozens of militants since morning and pushing the overall militant death toll in Balochistan past the 100 mark, security sources said.

Security sources confirmed that 67 terrorists have been killed since morning in ongoing operations targeting Fitna-ul-Hindustan. The actions are part of sustained follow-up efforts to dismantle remaining networks and hideouts.

Reports indicate additional militant deaths and material losses as operations continue across multiple locations. Earlier, 41 terrorists were killed in Panjgur and Shaban over the past two days, bringing the total number eliminated in Balochistan to 108, according to security officials.

Forces remain on high alert, with ground sweeps and intelligence-based actions underway to prevent further attacks. While confronting what officials described as ‘barbarity,’ 10 brave police and security personnel embraced martyrdom; security sources said the fallen prioritized civilian safety while repelling attacks.

Tributes poured in for the martyrs, with officials saying their sacrifice helped avert wider harm.

Security sources also reported a heinous attack on poor Baloch labour families in Gwadar, where 11 innocent civilians were martyred. The figure had first been reported as five but was later confirmed at eleven. The victims include five men, three women, and three children, all residents of Balochistan who had traveled to Gwadar for hard labour.

]]>